SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS, FULL PAPER AND POWERPOINT
Guidelines for Abstract Preparation
Please use Microsoft Word software. Specifically indicate the program used. Send it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please send it before 1 June 2021.
Language: If you are planning to present your paper either as an oral presentation or as a poster, you must prepare your abstract in English.
Send your Abstract as soon as possible!
Heading: Font size 14 bold, Times New Roman.
Author’s name: Font size 12 regular, Times New Roman. Underline presenting author’s name and provide email of the presenting author.
Address: Taille 11 régulier (), Times New Roman. In case there is more than one author coming from different addresses, use 1,2,3 superscripts to denote. Emails should also be included.
Text: Font 12 Times New Roman. Abstract should not exceed 250 words (use Word Count Facility in Word). Subheadings, figures or references are not allowed. Names of genera or species should be in italics.
Guidelines for Poster Preparation
The poster exhibition in previous meetings of ISTRC-AB has been the most well attended session in the previous 13 Symposia. The guidelines provided here will assist you in your poster preparation.
Preparation of a poster: Prepare them in English. Discussions of posters can be done in English or French or Portuguese, with the support of other scientists who might be ready to assist in translation.
Your poster should be self-explanatory. Author(s) should explain details and discuss particular points that will be raised by the visitor. Presentation by a poster should be visually appealing. Poster should include diagrams and charts, tables and schemes, graphs, photographs and brief written texts like: abstract, introduction, methods, results, conclusions and references.
The poster title should go centred in the upper part; in bold, in title case, font size of 80 to 100-points (pts).,
To prepare the poster use a simple font like Trebuchet, Helvetica, Arial or similar (sans serif).
Posters should be readable from a distance of 2 meters (6 feet). Main text should be of approximately 24 to 30 pts. Headings should be 50 to 60 pts or larger Photographs should be of a minimum of 15 by 20 cm. Captions of Tables, Figures and Photographs should be 18 pts.
Names of each author and their regular mail addresses should also be included centered below the title. It is recommended to include also email address of the author to whom correspondence is to be directed.
Virtual presentation of posters
Since this year’s symposium will be virtual, final posters created as described above will be received in pdf format. All posters will be uploaded.
Guidelines for Full Paper Preparation
It is essential that all prospective authors follow these style guidelines to ensure quality, uniformity and timely completion. Non-compliance may result in delays or rejection.
Deadline for Full Paper submission: 23 August 2021
- 23 August 2021 – Submission of full Papers
- Final full-length papers should not exceed 10 A4-sized pages including all text, tables, figures and references.
- The paper must be written in English. (The paper may be presented in English or French, as there will be simultaneous translation at the Symposium.)
- Accepted full-length papers will be included in the Online proceedings of the Symposium if accepted after a peer review. Best papers will be published in peer review journals.
- Papers should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for the attention of the Editorial Committee, ISTRC–AB 2021
- Use a single column layout in MS Word format.
- For all pages set margins in 25.4 mm (1 inch) for all sides in an A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) paper.
- Use only Times New Roman, 12 point, single space and justified.
Paper Title & Authors
- The paper title should be centred in upper and lower case characters, bold, font size 16 pt (initials capitalized). It should not exceed 80 characters. The title should be concise and reflect the gist of the paper.
- The name(s) of authors should be in lower case, bold, font Times New Roman size 14 pt.
- The author(s) affiliation(s), with complete mail address (es), should be in single space and centred in a second line below the authors. Indicate the email address of the author to whom correspondence should be directed
- Le(s) affiliation(s) de(s) auteur(s), avec adresse électronique complète (ES), devrait être dans l’espace unique et centré dans une deuxième ligne ci-dessous des auteurs. Indiquer l’adresse électronique de l’auteur à qui la correspondance doit être adressée
- Please do not use titles or degrees like Dr., Professor, etc.
- A blank single space line should follow the title. Similarly, two blank single space lines should follow the author’s name(s) and address (es), before the abstract first line.
Abstract & Keywords
- The abstract of the paper should be no more than 250 words. The abstract should be self-contained and understandable by the general reader.
- Leave blank one single space between last line of abstract and line of key words.
- Use the word “Keywords” as the title in bold face Times New Roman 11 pt.
- Three to six keywords are recommended. Do not use acronyms in the list of keywords.
- Leave two blank single space lines after the keywords, and then begin the main text.
- Type your main text in Times New Roman 12 pt, single space and justified.
- All headings should be in bold type, left justified, all capitals on a separate line.
- Do not use footnotes. Do not use pagination because page numbers are going to be included when editing
- Figures and Tables should be numbered consecutively and separately as they appear in the text.
- Tables should be composed in Word format or imported direct from Microsoft Excel or other statistical programs.
- Figures should be placed in the paper, but also supplied separately in high- resolution JPEG or TIFF formats.
- All figures and tables should have a caption. Figure captions are to be centered bellow the figures and table captions above the tables. Tables and figures must be self-explanatory.
- Photographs, colour or black/white, should have good contrast. For the production of the CD-ROM color photographs are acceptable, but they will be printed in black and white in the printed proceedings.
- References should be listed at the end of the paper in alphabetical order, without numbering.
- The bibliography should include only those references cited in the text.
- References cited in the text should indicate the name(s) of up to two authors only, followed by the year of publication (Anderson and Govinda, 2007). Use et al. in italics in the case of more than two authors (Anderson et al., 2007). If more than one reference exists on the same topic, then the following reference should be added separated by a semi colon (;).
- Personal Communication: Cite in the text as (W. Roca, personal communication) or (W. Roca, pers. comm.)
- Citation of references in the Bibliography should follow standard rules. Abbreviate the titles of journals using standard practice. Below are some examples of citations in the References list:
Example 1: Anderson, P.; Kapinga, R.; Zhang, D.; Hermann, M. 2007. Vitamin A for Africa in Sub-Saharan Africa. Proceedings 13th ISTRC Symposium, Zambia, November 2003. pp 711-720.
Example 2: Gooding, H.J.; Campbell, J.S. 1964. The improvements of sweet potato storage by cultural and chemical means. Em. J. Exp. Agric. 32, 65-75.
Example 3: Wolf, J, A. 1992. Sweet Potato. An Untapped Food Resource. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom.